Reflecting on 2017
As we reflect on 2017, it's easy to see how much our region is progressing.
Every year, we design a poster that lays out milestones in the business community from company announcements to new developments. This year, we decided to raise the bar and produce a video, too (click above to watch it).
These two pieces allow us to reflect on calendar-year results -- and as a region, we were able to attract jobs and investment that boosts our economic prosperity moving into 2018, such as:
- Owens & Minor's Customer Engagement Center
- Thomson Reuters's cybersecurity center
- Bluegrace Logistics' expansion
- Facebook's data center project (thanks to Henrico Economic Development Authority)
- Richmond International Airport's strongest month in its 90-year history
- An investment in additional commercial real estate by Panattoni Development and Hourigan Development
I'd like to thank our investors, partners and stakeholders for their assistance in making 2017 a stellar year and look forward to having a bigger and brighter 2018.
Happy New Year!
President & CEO
Greater Richmond Partnership